Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's late....

And I'm watching the Red Sox game. We're actually winning. So, I can't go to bed now, until it's over. It would be amazing if they won, considering I really didn't think they would. But, I have underestimated these, our Red Sox. It's 5-1 now, and looking good.

I bought a love seat tonight and threw out my old one.. The new one I got from somebody on Craig's List, and it's a bed, too. pretty flowery pattern, and a bed. I'm very happy. And the price was right. So, my son came and helped me with his little Ford Ranger pickup truck. The love seat JUST fit in the bed, and off we went. The old one is out by the road, waiting to be picked up by the DPW. It has served its purpose...

Going to ride my bike tomorrow, going to be 80 degrees. I can't wait. AND, my neighbor called me tonight, and there's a charity ride on Sunday, so I'll do that, too..

On the more serious side.. I would just like to weigh in about Ellen Degeneres, and the puppy adoption. I'm sure you've heard about it. She got a puppy, spent a lot of money to spay it and train it to be around cats. She couldn't keep the dog, so instead of sending it back to the shelter, she found ita really nice home with her hairdresser, who has 2 girls, 11 and 12, I think. Once the shelter found out she had given the dog away, they TOOK BACK THE DOG. and GAVE IT TO ANOTHER FAMILY. Because, in their rule book, small dogs don't go to families with children under 14. Never mind that the kids had this dog for 2 weeks already, and everything was fine. They loved the dog, the dog loved them back.. I'm with Ellen on this. Isn't the goal of a shelter to find a loving home for the animals? This puppy had a new home, very loving, and no one was being hurt by it... I think the shelter lady should have given the puppy back to the hairdresser, and thanked Ellen for finding it a new home. but that's not what happened. I love animals, and I'm all for making sure an animal has a nice home.. not taking them out of a loving home.

That said, I'm going back to the game, it's 7-1 now.. Looks really good.. Have a good day tomorrow my friends.

No comments: