Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Greetings!

I decided to take out my bike last night, to fill up the tank, and take a little spin. It was very chilly, but the leaves on the trees are so pretty... Just can't help taking it all in. So, I went to the Hess station down the street. Now, I've been filling motorcycle gas tanks for a long time. I do have to say that the hole on the Harley's tank is very small, and the gas hose BARELY fits. So, keeping all that in mind, I tried to fill my tank last night, using my left hand. BIG mistake. I moved it just a bit, and suddenly, I had gas all over me, my tank, the ground... and no blue wipies in sight. I didn't know what to do with the hose at this point, so I tried to place it on the ground. Well, that didn't work, gas started coming out, so I hung it back up. I ran into the grocery store part of Hess, and asked for wipes. He gave me 2. "I need more than 2!" I ran back to the bike, and wiped off all the gas I could see. Man. Had to start over with my debit card, having already used 88 cents to spill what I did. Using my right hand, much more stable, the tank filled nicely, and I was on my way. The next few days seem to be warm, so on my Harley I ride!!

No comments: