Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My new snake

Hi, and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you.. I hope you all had a great time with family and friends, and ate lots of turkey!

You are looking at my future pet. I plan to get him in a couple of weeks from a guy here at work, one of our editors, who actually raises snakes in his basement. He has about 200 snakes right now, including this little dude. He is a male, so I am accepting suggestions for names.. Has to be something really exotic, don't you think? Anyway, he's an Albino Honduran Milk Snake, and Rob, the guy at work, says that he'll grow to about 5 feet. I can't wait! I have been talking to Rob a lot lately, about his snakes, and he had some in a couple of weeks ago, that he was mailing to other breeders. They were all babies, and so cute. One was this milk snake. I also thought a Pine Snake would be kinda cool, which I may get later, but he didn't have any of those available. And, he told me NOT to buy any snake at a pet store.(Just like dogs or cats, you are not guaranteed of their breeding or personality.) These milk snakes are not poisonous, though he does look it, doesn't he? And, from what I'm told, they are relatively tame, and easy to handle. So, I'm looking forward to this new addition to my family..
Throughout the years, I've had just about every pet in the book: rabbits, rats, hamsters, gerbils, cats and dogs of course, fish, ferret (never again), but never a snake... Who knows? I've always been curious. I will keep you all updated, of course, on my progress. And yes, I have to feed him baby mice.. I'll have to pretend that doesn't bother me. Maybe I'll get used to it.. You can get a "6-pack" of frozen baby mice from your local Petco Store.
Have you all got your Christmas shopping done?? I have 2 presents. So, wish me luck, and I to you..

No comments: