Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm alive

Hi, world. I know it's been a while since I've been on my blog.. I haven't felt well, plus lots of social obligations..
but.. I'm back...

Next Thursday is Thanksgiving.. I get to work. A newspaper is 24/7, and someone has to type in the obits for Friday's paper. We all take turns here.. The good news is that I don't have to work Christmas. Which is reallly, good. l.o.l. I hope you all have a very nice Thanksgiving. Lots of turkey, gravy, stuffing, creamed onions, and more. When it's all said and done, drop me a line here and share with me how your day was!

Yesterday, I took my grandson, Dylan, and my boyfriend, Darren, to the barn near where I live to feed carrots to the horses. Which we did in fine fashion. Dylan wanted to feed this little, tiny pony, Rascal, I think his name was. So, I had to play decoy with the big horses, (And I'm talking 17 hands here). it was a lot of fun, and everyone had a good time! We also got to help Martha (barn manager) bring in the horses for the night. Dylan had to help, of course, so he had the end of the lead rope, while I took the head. Martha also has sheep and 2 gray bunnies.. It's better than going to the zoo, sometimes!!!! Lots of questions by my little one, which I hope we all answered properly. The best part was when I had 2 horses to lead. I kinda threw the lead rope of one in the general direction of Darren, who was surprised to be leading a horse! He'd only been an observer up till now. He did quite well. I told him, all you have to do is act like you're the boss, and you're all set... I'm very proud of him. Next time, he gets more than 1!!!

Happy trails to all..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I question the wisdom of giving me more than one horse. It was quite an experience, though. They're so powerful...every time I walk behind one, I imagine what it must be like to be kicked. It must really, really suck. It's strange, but I'd rather get hit by a car.

Anonymous said...

I think I sort of go along with Darren, one is plenty to start with.

Glad you all had a good time.

You'all have a good Thanksgiving and also to those who also read this blog!!!!!!

I will be at your brothers so give us a call.